Five things to do in Inveraray this spring!
The sun is shining, the loch is sparkling and the daffodils are in bloom. Spring has arrived and Inveraray is looking glorious! It’s a great time of year to visit us. Here are five great things to do in and around Inveraray this springtime.
- Visit Inveraray Castle & Garden during the month of May and feast your eyes on the bluebells in the private garden. Explore the ancient woodland walks where these beautiful flowers create a spectacular carpet of blue. You can join a guided walk of the Bluebell Woodland at 2.30pm every day, weather permitting. And guess what? If your kids dress up as a fairy or elf, they’ll get free entry. So dust down those fairy wings and head to Inveraray in May!
- Run for it! Inveraray Jail Break takes place on 1st This 6.7km race takes you from Inveraray Jail to the tower at Dun na Cuaiche (224m), then back the same way to finish at Inveraray Castle. If you don’t fancy taking part, some along and cheer on the runners as they break out of jail. It’s always a fun day.
- Head to The George Hotel for the Bluebell Festival, a three-day long FREE music festival held on the last weekend in May. Expect great music, food and local ales at this family-friendly event.
- Feast on local delicacies at the Loch Fyne Food Fair, which takes place just down the road at the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar & Restaurant. With a tent full of local goodies, live music throughout the day and children’s activities galore, it’s a great spring event for all the family.
- Go on an Argyll Adventure! This fantastic attraction is just down the road from Inveraray and is a great active day out. With eight great activities on offer, including horse riding, paintball, crossbow shooting, bungee trampolining and climbing, there’s an adventure to suit every member of the family this spring.
And don’t forget to some and visit us at Inveraray Jail! From 1st April, we’re open from 9.30am to 6pm every day. Buy your tickets online and save money.